Religious Education K- 12
Peer Learning K-12 Faith Formation Information:
Registration and Calendar are currently being worked on and will be out in the next couple of weeks. We are still looking for additional help, PLEASE consider helping if you can.
THIS YEAR A parent/family meeting will begin the year on Wednesday, September 18th. Keep watching for details and RESERVE THAT DATE!
We are also working on hosting Preschool sessions on Sundays during the 9 AM Mass… keep watching for details and contact us if you might be able to contribute help for that.
Adult Formation Opportunities currently being planned:
- Acts of the Apostles through November 10 and Second half January 5, 2020 through March 8th.
- Blessed, Beautiful and Bodacious, Celebrating the Gift of Catholic Woman Hood (by Pat Gohn) - The Woman’s Study will be meeting on Mondays and will begin September 9th. There will be two options one being 10:00-11:30 and one from 6:30 and going until 8:00 PM. You may order your own book on line or stop by the Christian Book Store here in Grinnell and they will be happy to serve you.
- A Biblical Walk through the Mass (Ascension Press) - still in the planning stages, keep watching for details.
- We will be calling all parishioners to invite them to participate in the Adult Formation Opportunities and Sign Ups will begin NEXT the weekend of August 24/25.
- Apostles (from Ascension Press) - Sundays from 6:30-8:00 PM with First half of the study starting September 8
Why Should I Consider Being a Catechist?
You May Discover That You Are Really Good At It…
“I started teaching because I had to drop off the kids anyway, so I thought I might as well help out. Then I realized that not only did I enjoy teaching, but I was actually good at it !”
It’s not too early to be thinking about joining our Volunteer Catechist team! We have many returning Catechists but, will still need a few more. We will be adding some fun, new and exciting ways to grow in our faith at St. Mary. We will be offering training and support throughout the school year but would love to get a jump start right now! Contact Crystal or Deb for information and to see how you might be able to share your gifts!